Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Failed Brake Proportioning Value Part 1

We went through the entire brake system when I first brought her home.  All new rotors, drums,
69 AMC AMX Brake Proportioning Valve
calipers, wheel cylinders, hardware, master cylinder plus booster and all new brake lines.   I purchased a used brake proportioning valve from American Parts Depot.

Granted it was a refurbished part that is over 46 years old but I've only put 200 miles on her in over a year.   Last week, my wife's office moved so we can no longer commute together leaving me to start driving her to work every day.

She's heading into the shop to R&R the valve and bleed the brakes.   Her Eldebrock Perfomer carb is also acting up in the morning as well but that is another story.

Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment