Saturday, July 25, 2015

Checking out local shops for master mechanics

We're going to visit a few local shops to see what there wrench roster looks like.   If you're taking you muscle car into brand X shops I believe... "Houston, we have a problem."

"She" will have a place where the work is done right but wrenches who know how to tune up a pre-70 car.   Yes, eventually I'll swap out the old distributed for MSD parts but for now "she's" still factory stock.

I did have a chat with the previous owner who was giving me the run down on how much exercise "she's" had over the past few years and the reality she hasn't been out much so I've got to be careful not to push too hard too soon.

First thing, check up, change all vital fluids, pressure test then road test.  Slow re-entry into being a daily driver.   Yes, that means I'll need I'll need to have a lots of patience.

I'll work on that.  

I remember a story from one of my first AMX books basically outlining how you could spec out the car you wanted at the dealership basically building a race car for less than 4k.  When you you picked it up from the dealer, you literally could drive it right down to the track and race it.  How cool was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment