Friday, August 14, 2015

Some Days Go Haywire from the Jump

I was off to the DMV to get plates this morning but was thwarted by a bad carburetor.
Safe on the Flatbed
Yes, everything started out well in fact she was purring on the freeway.   Granted, I didn't push her past 55 mph but she sounded good and was tracking pretty straight.

Then I exited the freeway which stalled her out leaving me stranded at a red light at a busy freeway off ramp at the start of a Friday commute.   I really had thought I had planned it out making sure we left early with the least amount of traffic but you can't account for everything.

Anyway, she eventually calmed down and restarted but there was something wrong with the float because she kept flooding so I called a flatbed two.    The bright side is she drove up on to the truck under her own power.

The guys at the shop were excited to see her for the first time not spending a lot of time with 45+ year old AMXs these days.

A quick shout out to the transit working who helped me push her across the street and the gentleman getting gas who helped us reposition her next to the gas pump.  You guys are awesome!  Thank you

So plates will have to wait >> onward with rebuilding the stock carter carburetor and more than a few safely inspections.    Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment