Thursday, August 13, 2015

Time to get Serious...

Fun aside, we've got a lot of work ahead of us.   First, we've got to figure out why she is smoking on startup then continuing on after warm up.   The reality she has been sitting for at least three years so she needs a good blow out.   I'd love to take her on the freeway but before that she needs to head into the shop for a complete safety check.

Last night we went out for gas after commute hours.  My wife followed behind to make sure we didn't get completely stranded.   Once she got going she wanted to go fast.   Once in gear, I could feel her pulling away wanted to faster.

I remember reading a copy of the AMX Source Book about how owners would spec out their AMX at the dealer, pick it up

Actually, it seemed like she didn't like 1st gear at all.   I mean she wanted to get out of 1st gear as quickly as possible and get moving.    I had to hold back to make sure I didn't push the engine without having a full safety inspection.

I have to say once she is cleaned up and running smoothly she will be fun to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment