Friday, October 9, 2015

At the DMV

A funny thing happened at the DMV the other day.   I was standing in line with the rest of humanity
AMX Racer
then realized that the DMV was about to issue me new license plates with no smog for a race car.

If you haven't driven a 69' AMC AMX with a 390 + 4 speed you more than likely will not get it.    This car isn't make for cruise night or a trip to the supermarket.   Two seats, short wheel base, big engine and the need for speed.   It's a fracking "race car."

She could have yellow with black stripes, or red with white stripes.  Either way you slice it, she was made for a track.   I remember the literature stating that once the engine is broken in, you can take it right to the track and race it.   It's true.

I don't know what I was thinking when considering her for a daily driver in potential traffic.   On the way to the DMV, my wife and I ran into stop and go traffic.  "Ellie" was not happy sitting in first gear just idling.  Not a fun ride.

When the DMV handed me my plates, I smiled and ran outside to install them and drive my race car legally on CA streets.

The saga continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment