Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Back at the Shop

Well it didn't last.   She spent the morning getting new temp plates at the DMV only to find herself
back at the shop with a rear transmission seal leak.

I knew one we stabilized her and took her out driving her not super hard but putting her through the paces it might cause more issues.   We revamped the brakes taking care of any safety issues so it was more of a dry run.    The reality is I've been nursing her not taking her over 60 mph and not shifting hard or accelerating quickly.

I let Jon at Sounds of Speed do that while I listened for issues.   We are still working out the issues and are not done by far.    The engine "tick" is getting worse so we are pulling the valve covers to take a peak.

The fuel gauge and temp gauge also stopped working after a new gas tank and sending unit.   The 68-69 AMX- Javelin use an instrument regulator that American Parts Depot carries which is incredible.

An engine/trans rebuild is on the horizon but I rather put it off to save a bit of $$$$.   I estimated a good chunk to get her up and running and we are just about there without touching any interior issues.

The driver seat is freaking trashed.   You really feel like you are sitting on the floor.   The doors need serious alignment and the passenger door doesn't lock.   I think most of us know the problems with the doors locking and the windows falling off the track.   My Javelin was a prime example costing me $500 bucks to get a body shop to fix it 28 years ago.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment