Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Seats Finally Installed - Happy New Year!

Well its been a long road to choosing what color to finding the right shop to do the work on my 69 AMX.
old seats

I've always wanted the black or charcoal interior, instead I have saddle.   My wife likes the saddle plus its the original color so we are sticking with it.   In high school, my 69 Javelin SST had the red interior.   At the time, I was happy to have such a cool hot rod it didn't bother me at all.   I'm happy with the saddle.

These seats were trashed when we acquired the car.   The foam had disintegrated and the cloth was barely holding the springs back.

We decided to go with the original color and use vinyl since that what it says on the door.   We did one customization by adding black piping to the seats.   I have a feeling this will tie in nice when we replace the door armrests.   I believe the reproductions only come in black.

Anyway, we purchased the seat foam from Legendary Auto Upholstery and a local upholstery shop run by Enrique Auto Upholstery  did the seat covers.   He did a great job as you can see below.

We opted not to change the carpet during the install.   Instead, we'll wait until we get to the point
new seat foam and custom covers
when we are going to paint and strip the car completely adding padding below the carpet.   My wife says it's as loud as the time we went skydiving at 10,000 feet in the smallest plane ever.

Gotta laugh.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment