Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Shop Day 1 - What is going on? (pressure differential valve issues)

Well - initially we thought one of the rear wheel cylinders failed but it turned out the pressure differential valve  failed emptying the rear cylinder of Carb to flood.   We just had the carb completely rebuilt so I'm not sure what happened.  We'll see in a few days when I get down to the shop.

The starter was burnt out in the process of trying to start her over the weekend.   It was older and needed replacement so no big deal.   Not sure about the battery but I see a new red top optima in her future.

I'm looking for a new ignition key cylinder because this one is shot.   So far my searches have come up empty.

I did find a used complete 69' 390 on eBay with the price tag of $3500 - yes - wow for just a used block and heads.   Not sure if the manifold is decent or not.   Ideally, I'd like to find a short block for a lot less. My intention is to go with the aluminum Edlebrock Heads.   We will see.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment